One of the common reasons why UTI’s are triggered is because of sex. However not to worry, UTI’s are not contagious and you do not need to stop having sex as UTI’s can be prevented. Generally, the anatomy and the possible contact of bacteria to the urinary tract can sometimes cause a UTI.
UTI’s have been nicknamed “honeymoon cystisis” – cystisis is another name for bladder infection, as frequent intercourse could lead to a UTI. It is good to be proactive and take care of the prevention tips if you are prone to UTIs.
Some general tips to prevent UTI’s associated with sex:
- Clear your bladder (if possible) by urinating before and/or after sex
- Clean your genital areas before sex
- Stay hydrated as much as possible throughout the day
- Don’t use any spermicides during intimacy
- Double your dose of cranberry supplements for a couple of days around sex.
“Very impressed with this product. In the previous year, I’d had 13 UTI’s and i was taking a cranberry supplement and had been on countless prescribed meds. I started this product the day I received it a few months ago and things have turned around. I am delighted with this product.”
If you do notice any symptoms, you can use Utiva UTI Test Strips to quickly check in the comfort of your home. If there is a sign for a UTI, please immediate consult your physician.