Many of us are taking care of our families including seniors. During these unprecedented times it is important to have quick access to resources. We have compiled a list we hope will be helpful to families to meet their day to day needs and enjoy life. Let's work together to #flattenthecurve as we fight this COVID-19 pandemic.
Online Doctors, Virtual Health & Prescriptions
Telehealth has definitely taken a popular upswing lately and the service has drawn a lot more attention lately with COVID-19. Staying away from other people and especially crowded waiting rooms is very important during these challenging times and Telehealth has the ability to do that. It is not ideal for every problem someone may have, but for the most common ones like colds, flu & UTIs, this service could be a time saver. OHIP is covering many of these services too. Here are some options for Canada:
- Maple: See a Doctor Online - 24/7 Access, Canadian Doctors
- Cover Health - Virtual Walk-in Clinic
- Teladoc - 24/7 Access to Canadian Doctors
- MDConnected - Access to Canadian Doctors and Nurses
Check UTIs at home for FREE
Experiencing UTI symptoms? Take advantage of Utiva UTI Tests for screening at-home before calling an online doctor or just to know yourself. Limited quantities & shipping charges may apply. Also check out Utiva Control Supplement Once a Day prevention, clinically proven and Made in Canada. Free Shipping over $25.
We all need our groceries but below are links to companies offering home delivery. Please check out what is available in your area, delivery timings and their charges.
- Share the Goods - Initiative to help families through volunteer groups.
- Instacart: Groceries Delivered from Local Stores (Wal-Mart, Loblaws, T&T, Superstore, Staples, Shoppers Drug Mart, check your area)
- Grocery Gateway - Online Shopping and Delivery in Toronto
- Loblaws Express Pickup
- Walmart - Order Online, Free Pickup
- Well.ca - Canada's online health, beauty, skin care store
- Goodness Me!
- Healthy Planet
- Save-On Foods
- SPUD.ca - Online - Local and Organic grocery shopping with free home delivery in Metro Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Edmonton.
Don't forget to have fun. Limit your news watching to 30 minutes in the morning and the end of the day and enjoy your time with your families and access many online streaming options.
- Watch Netflix Party Together with friends and family
- Watch Broadway Shows in HD for at least 7 day trial period13 Museums You can Visit Online During Quarantine
- Berlin Philharmonic has made its Digital Concert Hall free online until April 19
- Arkells teaches music lessons on Instagram
- Fitness Studios sharing online classes for free
- YMCA On-Demand Free Fitness Classes
Fortunately our Canadian Government is doing what they can to help out individuals and businesses that are meeting financial challenges during this time. With the mandate for people to practice social distancing and stay at home, the economic burden is severe. See the following for options that are being offered:
- Personal Tax Deadlines extended
- Top 6 Banks letting you defer mortgage, credit card payments
- Most city, municipal and utilities charges can be deferred
- Check for EI, Child Care Benefit and other resources
If you find any more resources that you would like to share with everyone, please write to us at email@example.com and we will add it to this list for others to benefit as well.